Abortion Worldwide Report Released
by Thomas W. Jacobson and Wm. Robert Johnston
last updated 29 January 2017
We announce the initial release on 25 January 2017 of the Abortion Worldwide Report in cooperation with the Global Life Campaign. This project merges our research on historical worldwide abortion numbers and policies and combines it with issue briefs and recommendations for pro-life policies. It will serve as an information resource for international pro-life efforts, as well as a robust compilation of available worldwide abortion statistics.
Authors: Thomas W. Jacobson and Wm. Robert Johnston
Additional contributing author: Nicholas Eberstadt
See the Global Life Campaign website for more information.
Link to announcement event hosted by the Family Research Council
Abortion Worldwide Report: 100 Countries, 1 Century, 1 Billion babies (release presentation)
Contents of the Abortion Worldwide Report (AWR) (links to pre-publication chapters at the Global Life Campaign website as they become available):
- Executive Summary
- Part I: Human Life, Human Rights, Government and Law
- Part II: History and Consequences of Abortion
- Part III: National Policies
- Part IV: National Data Compilation and Methodologies
- Part V: A Sacred Accounting: Abortion Data
- Part VI: Global Summaries and Maps
- Part VII: Major Findings
- Section 1 // Section 2 // Section 3
- Part VIII: Findings Summary and Recommendations
Supporting material includes the following AWR Working Papers (coming soon):
- AWR WP 1: AWR data sources, compilation and general issues
- AWR WP 2: Methodology for estimating missing data in country-level abortion time series
- AWR WP 3: Extrapolated estimates for recent years, various countries
- AWR WP 4: Australia: Estimated abortions, 1970-2015
- AWR WP 5: Austria: Estimated abortions, 1974-2015
- AWR WP 6: Canada: Estimated abortions, 2001-2015
- AWR WP 7: India: Reported abortions, 1974-2014
- AWR WP 8: Republic of Korea: Reported and estimated abortions and related information, 1970-2015
- AWR WP 9: Estimates of South African abortions, 1997-2015
- AWR WP 10: U.S.S.R. republics: Reported and estimated abortions and related information, 1922-1991
- AWR WP 11: United Kingdom and Ireland: Compiled abortion figures, 1958-2015
- AWR WP 12: Yugoslavia and successor states: Compiled and estimated abortion figures, 1948-2015
- AWR WP 13: United States: Compiled and estimated abortion figures, 2012-2015
- AWR WP -: Notes on state trends in abortion in the United States
- AWR WP -: Republic of China (Taiwan): Compiled abortion figures and related information, 1951-2015
- AWR WP -: Comparison of AWR figures to published estimates of global abortions
This research has built upon, and improved upon, the international data in the Abortion statistics and other data pages. The new data will be integrated into these pages in the coming weeks.
News items on the release:
Comments? Questions? Corrections? Contact me.
Copyright © 2017 by Wm. Robert Johnston and Thomas W. Jacobson.
Last modified 29 January 2017.
Return to Home. Return to Other Policy Issues.