Abortion Worldwide Report published
by Thomas W. Jacobson and Wm. Robert Johnston
last updated 29 April 2018
We announce publication of the Abortion Worldwide Report in cooperation with the Global Life Campaign. This project merges our research on historical worldwide abortion numbers and policies and combines it with issue briefs and recommendations for pro-life policies. It will serve as an information resource for international pro-life efforts, as well as a robust compilation of available worldwide abortion statistics.
Editors and authors: Thomas W. Jacobson and Wm. Robert Johnston
Additional contributing author: Nicholas Eberstadt
See the Global Life Campaign website for more information or to purchase the book.
Link to announcement event hosted by the Family Research Council
Abortion Worldwide Report: 100 Countries, 1 Century, 1 Billion babies (release presentation)
Thomas W. Jacobson presented at the National Right to Life Convention on 1 July 2017
|The full Abortion Worldwide Report was published in April 2018|
Contents of the Abortion Worldwide Report (AWR) (links to pre-publication sample chapters at the Global Life Campaign):
- Contents, Introduction, and Executive Summary
- Part I: Human Life, Human Rights, Government and Law
- 1. Sanctity of Human Life
// 2. Scientific/Medical Evidence
// 3. Human Rights
// 4. Government
// 5. Law>
- Part II: History and Consequences of Abortion
- 1. History of Infanticide
// 2. Nations Protecting Life
// 3. Nations Authorizing Abortion
// 4. Reasons Given for Abortion
// 5. Consequences of Abortion
// 6. Sex-Select Abortion
- Part III: National Policies
- Part IV: National Data Compilation and Methodologies
- Part V: A Sacred Accounting: Abortion Data
- Part VI: Global Summaries and Maps
- Part VII: Major Findings
- Part VIII: Final Word to Nations
- Part IX: Word of Truth and Hope
- Part X: Conclusions and Recommendations
Supporting material includes the following AWR Working Papers:
- AWR WP 4: Australia: Estimated abortions, 1970-2015
- AWR WP 5: Austria: Estimated abortions, 1974-2015
- AWR WP 6: Canada: Estimated abortions, 2001-2015
- AWR WP 7: India: Reported abortions, 1974-2014
- AWR WP 8: Republic of Korea: Reported and estimated abortions, 1970-2015
- AWR WP 9: Estimates of South African abortions, 1997-2015
- AWR WP 10: U.S.S.R. republics: Reported and estimated abortions, 1922-1991
- AWR WP 11: United Kingdom and Ireland: Reported abortions, 1958-2015
- AWR WP 12: Yugoslavia and successor states: Reported and estimated abortions, 1948-2015
- AWR WP 13: United States: Estimated abortions, 2012-2015
- AWR WP 14: Republic of China (Taiwan): Reported abortions, 1951-2015
- AWR WP 15: Comparison of Abortion Worldwide Report figures to published estimates of global abortions
- AWR WP 16: International statistics on reasons for abortions
- AWR WP 17: Notes on state trends in abortion in the United States
- AWR WP 18: Estimated levels of sex selection abortion, selected countries
This research has built upon, and improved upon, the international data in the Abortion statistics and other data pages. The new data will be integrated into these pages in the coming weeks.
News items on the release:
Comments? Questions? Corrections? Contact me.
Copyright © 2017, 2018 by Wm. Robert Johnston and Thomas W. Jacobson.
Last modified 29 April 2018.
Return to Home. Return to Other Policy Issues.