Location: United Kingdom
Type of event: accidental ingestion of radioisotope
A technician wearing an iodine-125 contaminated glove cut his finger and sucked the cut finger, resulting in the ingestion of about 0.02 curies. Absorption of radioiodine in the thyroid resulted in a thyroid dose of 40,000 rad.
Consequences: 1 injury.
© 2004, 2006 by Wm. Robert Johnston.
Last modified 11 June 2006.
Return to Home. Return to Nuclear Weapons Resources. Return to Database of radiological incidents and related events.